Setting up a proxy in SessionBox Extension & Workstation
Dealing with extensive web usage using standard browsers can be challenging, especially considering the lack of identity protection. However, there are alternative options available that can enhance your browsing experience by providing faster speed, scalability, and improved security measures.
SessionBox offers a secure and anonymous way to manage numerous active web browsing sessions. It enables you to use multiple accounts simultaneously within a single window, ensuring privacy and anonymity. Additionally, SessionBox allows you to utilize proxies for each session, enhancing your browsing experience by making it untraceable.*
Installing SessionBox Extension
Here’s how to download SessionBox for your preferred browser:
- For Chrome and Opera users, install the SessionBox extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- Firefox users can visit SessionBox’s official website and click on “Install” in the top right corner.
- Launch the add-on and proceed to either create a new account or log in to an existing one.
- Open the menu by clicking on the three horizontal lines, and then select “Settings.”
- Go to the Proxy tab and click on “Add New” to create a profile.
- Provide a name for your profile and fill in the necessary details:
- Input your DataImpulse proxy user username and password in the window, then save the settings.
NOTE: You can create and manage your proxy users conveniently in our dashboard.
- After adding the proxy, it’s important to assign it to a new session. Simply visit any website and open the add-on. Then, click the “New Stored Session” button.
- Open a new tab and return to the add-on. Click on the three dots next to your new session, and choose “Settings” from the menu that appears.
- Navigate to the “Other” tab and choose your created profile from the Proxy section.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured DataImpulse Residential Proxies with the SessionBox extension.
Here’s how to set up SessionBox Workstation:
- Go to the official product page and click on “Install” in the top right corner.
- Download the setup file and proceed with the installation.
- Log in using your existing SessionBox account credentials or create a new account if you don’t have one.
Here’s how to configure proxies in the SessionBox extension:
Please note that the proxy integration process is the same for Chrome, Opera, and Firefox extensions.
- Open the SessionBox extension and click on the three horizontal lines to open the menu. Then, select “Settings”.
- Go to the Proxy tab and click on “Add New” to create a new profile.
- Give your profile a name and select the desired connection type (HTTP, HTTPS, SOCKS5, or SOCKS4). Then, enter the Address and Port of the proxy server you want to use.
For instance, if you want to use Residential Proxies from DataImpulse, use the following details:
Please follow the instructions below for setting up Residential Proxies in the Workstation section. The configuration process for DataImpulse proxies remains the same across different use cases.
- Scroll down within the same window to provide your DataImpulse sub-user’s username and password. After entering the credentials, click on the Save button to save the settings.
- Once you have added the proxy, you need to assign it to a new session. Visit any website and open the add-on once again. Click on the New Stored Session button to create a new session.
- After opening a new tab, go back to the add-on and click on the three dots next to your newly created session. From the menu, choose Settings.
- In the Settings, navigate to the Other tab. Under the Proxy section, select the profile you have created.
That’s it! Your new session should now be using a different IP address than your own. To verify if the proxy is working correctly, you can visit a website that displays your current IP address.
Configuring proxies in SessionBox Workstation
- After logging in, locate the three dots icon in the top right corner and click on it.
- Select Proxy Manager from the menu.
- Click on Add New to create a new profile.
- Provide a name for your profile and choose the desired connection type from the available options, such as HTTP, HTTPS, SOCKS, or SOCKS4.
New address: gw1.dataimpulse.com
- Enter your DataImpulse user’s username and password in the respective fields, then click on the Save button.
That’s all! To check the country your session is connected to, simply click on the Name of your proxy profile located on the right side of the search bar.
To access extra proxy settings, click on the three dots and choose General Settings. A new window will appear, providing you with the flexibility to customize the usage based on your requirements.
SessionBox vs. Multilogin
SessionBox and Multilogin are two distinct solutions with varying features and pricing structures. However, SessionBox can be considered as a viable alternative to Multilogin. Both platforms provide features like managing multiple browser profiles, integrating with proxies, controlling browser fingerprints, and facilitating team collaboration. Notably, SessionBox offers a cost-effective option compared to the relatively higher-priced Multilogin.