How to Configure Proxy Settings on Your Android Device
Proxies allow you to bypass geographical restrictions, protect your IP address, and block malware from directly accessing your device. On Android, you can set up a proxy in two different ways based on your network connection type: mobile cellular or Wi-Fi.
Setting up a proxy for a mobile network
To configure a proxy when using mobile data, follow these steps:
- Go to your device’s Settings.
- Tap on “Network & internet.” or “Connections”
- Select “Mobile networks” from the options.
- Access your mobile network provider’s settings by tapping on it, scroll down, and choose “Access Point Names (APNs).”
- From the list of APNs, select the one you are currently using to configure the proxy settings on your Android device.
- Enter your proxy details and credentials in the fields for Proxy, Port, Username, and Password.
Please note that when using proxies for a mobile network, the connection type is limited to HTTP only.
New address: gw1.dataimpulse.com
Fill in the Username and Password. Enter your DataImpulse user’s credentials.
- Tap on the three vertical dots located in the top right corner and select the “Save” option.
- To apply the changes, restart the network by turning the connection off and then on again.
- Lastly, open your web browser, enter the credentials you provided earlier, and click on the “Sign in” button.
That’s all there is to it! You have successfully configured a proxy IP address for your mobile network.
Setting up a proxy for a Wi-Fi network
To configure proxy settings for a Wi-Fi network, follow these simple steps:
- Go to Settings > Network & internet/ Connections > Internet.
- Access Network details by selecting the gear icon associated with your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap on the edit button located in the top right corner and expand the Manage network setting section > Show advanced options.
- Go to the Proxy section and select Manual. Enter your proxy details and credentials.
For detailed instructions on configuring proxies (Residential), please refer to the previous section. It’s important to note that DataImpulse proxy details remain consistent and interchangeable regardless of your network type, whether it’s mobile or Wi-Fi.
Please keep in mind that when using proxies for a Wi-Fi network, the connection type is limited to HTTP(S) only.
Additionally, you can utilize the “Bypass proxy for” option to specify certain websites that should ignore your proxy settings. Simply separate the addresses with commas to create multiple exceptions.
- Open a web browser and authenticate your proxy servers by entering the credentials of the sub-user of your DataImpulse account. Make sure to use the same credentials that were provided to you when creating the new sub-user in the DataImpulse dashboard. These will be the credentials that we provided to you when setting up your plan, not the ones you specified when creating the dashboard.